Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
earthlypossibilities_gw

Des Moines Iowa Landscaping

I just moved to Des Moines and love to landscape, I was wondering where people in Des Moines buy there plants at?

Comments (7)

• lindac
    19 years ago

Not Earl May....very Expensive and hooked on Chemicals. Goode's is good ( Ha ha!) on E 14th just north of 80. Herndon's on Grand is also nice....and there is a place in Adel...can't remember the name, but it's not too hard to find in Adel. Huge!! Great stuff.
    Linda C

• swim
    19 years ago

Goodes greenhouse for annuals.

• lindac
    19 years ago

And perennials and roses and poinsettias and other seasonal stuff....right now they have green houses full of mums!
    Linda C

• hin58
    19 years ago

We like Flying Frog Hosta Farm in Indianola (south of Southridge Mall and at the Des Moines Farmers Market), Groth's in Winterset and Harvey's in Adel.

• lindac
    19 years ago

Directions to the Flying Frog please!...I tried to find it once and finally gave up.
    Harvey's in Adel....I couldn't say it!
    Linda C

• hin58
    19 years ago

Did you find the winery? It's 'behind' there, down the dirt road. If you call Marcia will give you good directions, we found it without any problems, but it does seem you are driving into nowhere.

Bobbie

• bradiniowa
    19 years ago

I live just south of Des Moines, and one of my favorites is just East of Norwalk "Bedwell Gardens". They are very friendly people & have a good variety. The poinsettias they grow are spectacular! Everyone ready for Christmas? ;)

Here is a link that might be useful: Bedwell Gardens

Sponsored