Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
frogy_gw

garlic festaval

frogy
18 years ago

our annual garlic fest is this sun the 11th 2-4 at the familly tree herb farm and display gardens.here is a link to our site if you would like to see pics of the last one.hope to see you there

http://familytreeherbs.com/home.html

Comments (8)

• Maude_IA
    18 years ago

easier link

Here is a link that might be useful: Family Tree Herbs

• frogy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

so im just currios if their is annyone from here planning on comeing to the garlic fest.if there is please respond to this post.
    sunshine to all

• AdelJeff
    18 years ago

How was the Garlic Fest. I had planned on going but with $2.79 gas...
    Jeff

• frogy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

jeff,,the fest was great.allot of people turned out thisa year.i got rid of some hefty bags of garlic bulbs.people were snatching them up like crazy.the other venders did well allso.i did a talk about the history and mediconal use of garlic allong with some growing methods.the chef did some cooking demmos.my brother copoked fire pit roasted garlic.
    i still have some left that im taking to the grocery store ,and acouple of resteraunts today.the fest is gonna be bigger next year with hopefully some live music.and some other entertainment.looks like i better get workin on those beds.

• AdelJeff
    18 years ago

Thanks Frogy,
    Next year its a go then. I want to get up to Decorah this fall sometime to the Seed Savers Garden and I will pick up a Variety pack there and see what takes off best. Then make it to next years Fest and get some bulbs there as well. Thanks for the report I know there are several of us from Des Moines area that have the Garlic Fest on are to do list for next year...
    Jeff

• frogy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

sounds great jeff,we would love to have you and your friends at the fest next year..im allready starting to plan it.what would you guys like to see at a garlic fest (just wondering)
    ive tried a few bulbs from seed savers in decorra but wasnt pleased with them,the bulbs are pretty small.i suggest trying a few from a garlic farm on the web.good luck with that.
    keep in touch
    p.s. our web site should be done being updated in a few days here,ill post when its back up
    froggy

• AdelJeff
    18 years ago

Froggy, What varieties of garlic do you have left? I could swing by on the way to Decorah.
    It sounds like your fest is just what we would like to see. Cooking demos, uses, propagation, bulbs for sale, info on differant varieties. The live music sounds like a great addition. 2 hours sounds like a short time to take everything in, but not having been to one maybe that is enough that was one thing we were wondering about?
    Jeff

• frogy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

hi jeff,i dont have annything left over,just my stock that goes back in the ground.i do have allot of german white tho and can probly spare alittle of that sence i counted over alitle.i could send you a 1/2 pound or you could stop by
    yes im thinking of makeing the fest a 1/2 day or so
    froggy

Sponsored