Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dunroven_gw

Over wintering a BEAUTIFUL Alice Dupont Mandavilla

Dunroven
9 years ago

I am new to trying to do anything, so please bear with me. I have 2 absolutely gorgeous Alice Dupont Mandavilla's that my husband bought earlier this year. They have given just glorious blossoms and have climbed about everything around them! LOL I would love to keep them but I'm not sure what I need to do. I live near the South Dakota border, so it gets very cold here. I have a big bay window on the south with a shelf near the top. I have heard that I should cut these plants back to about 5 to 6 inches tall and water them about once a month, minimally, no fertilizer. Is this correct and what can I do about all that I am cutting off. I think it would actually make hundreds of starts as long as it is, and would make beautiful gifts or more plants for me for next year, but I want to do it right. Please give me suggestions and please, again be very step-by-step for me. I have no clue what a node is and that kind of thing, and I'm sorry, but I have never done plants before, but am really starting to enjoy some of the plants around me. What type of soil do I need to plant the starts in and do they need root tone or whatever that is called? I have heard that honey works in place of root tone. I know, too many questions, but please help me the best you can on this. Its tremendously appreciated!

Thanks!

Sponsored