Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosekrazy

Needing Plant Recommendations

rosekrazy
10 years ago

I have a very steep backyard, part of which is lawn. At the bottom of the lawn is the tree line, which is a nice way of saying, where all the ratty mostly annual scrubby weeds start under the trees. And every year I swear at them when I'm trying to clear the leaves off the lawn. The leaves get hung up on the dead stalks of the tall weeds.There is a creek further down the hill, and we have to be careful because underground water sometimes makes part of the steepest sections break away. So I need a plant that 1) has really good root systems to help anchor the slope, 2) that is perennial (so it doesn't have to be replanted every year), 3) growth can easily be chopped back at the end of the summer to facilitate leaf cleanup.

I know, I'm asking a lot of a plant, but I'm hoping there is one out there. For once, I don't care about the type of leaves, plant structure or if it blossoms. I just want something that will define the edge of the lawn and help hold the slope in place, and then be able to cut it back hard so I can clean up the leaves. So what do you think?

Comments (3)

Sponsored