Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Winter Gardening Fair

Posted by sanfan z4 Ia (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 30, 04 at 12:28

Winter Gardening Fair is a continuing eduction for both Master Gardeners and avid gardeners.It's Febuary 19th this year.I just got signed up for classes at Kirkwood Community college in Cedar Rapids. It's only $9.00 a class.(Many subjects to chose from) The Lynn County Extention Office is puttng it on . You can call 1-800-332-2055 for information and a Brochure. I picked up a brochure at the Black Hawk Extention Office. I think it's going to be a great winter break! I'd love to here if anyone else is planning to attend. You can also go to www.foryourlifetime.com and register. They have a list of the classes there. I signed up for Prairie Ecology& Restoration,Plants for Problem areas and All season color.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Winter Gardening Fair

Here! Here! I couldn't agree more. This is a really fun event and the folks from the Cedar Rapids/Marion area do a great job of putting this event on. This symposium is rather unique in that they charge a minimal fee for each separate class that captures your interest but then hold a free general session for everyone in the auditorium which features a keynote speaker.

This year the speaker will be Dr. Ann Marie VanDerZanden, Associate Professor of Horticulture at Iowa State University. If you have not heard this recent addition to the ISU Extension staff, you are in for a real treat.

IronBelly

Here is a link that might be useful: Dr. VanDerZanden

o

hey i just got my reg. ready to send in cant wait to go sounds fun.ok cheerpeople if you see this , its what i was talkin about..it will def. be interesting to learn and whatbetter way to spend a day 27.oo for 3 classes and hear a speaker free. WOW.

o

Ok, got my on-line regristration done last night, picked out my three classes and registered for the free seminar, too!

So, how many of you have registered? You might want to think about doing so while there is still a good selection of classes to choose from!

Diann
IA Z5a

o

Just moving this back up as a reminder to folk who want to come to get registered!!! :)

Diann
IA Z5a

o

Thanks for bringing this posting back to the top, Diann. This is such a good event, I hope to see a lot of you there. My lovely wife and I are registered for the session on "Rain Gardening" and "Salsa - The Dip; Not the Dance" (Love that title!). I am also looking forward to the free lecture by Dr. VanDerZanden on landscape design.

IronBelly

o

I'm doing the ones on Japanese garden design, plants for problem areas and roses in Iowa. Yes, the lecture by Dr. VanDerZanden should be very interesting. ;) Hope to see a lot of you there!

Diann
IA Z5a

o

I'll be looking for Iowa forum folks at the Winter Garden Fair. I hope they have name tags. If so I plan on adding Iowa Forum on mine. If they don't I might make a tag.
Sandy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here