Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
koszta_kid

what catalogs do you order from

koszta_kid
19 years ago

I have gotten number of new catalogs. One was High Country. Anyone order from them have lot of plants that are in our zones. Very sad to fall in love with picture-then to see it's for zone 7-9. Can only dream when looking at the preety plants. And think SPRING.

Comments (9)

• hawki
    19 years ago

You have to be a little careful; zone 4 in the high country of Colorado is a LOT different than zone 4 in Iowa... they have cold, dry winters and cool, rather dry summers. A lot of high country zone 4 plants turn to a pile of mush in our climate.
    Don

• uicricket
    19 years ago

Bluestone Perennials is my favorite. I got my "wish book" in the mail yesterday. Everything I've ordered has been in very good condition when it arrives. The only plant I've lost so far is a beautyberry that DH decapitated with the weed-wacker. They have a lot of zone 3, 4 and 5 plants. I'm in zone 5 but I try to plant a lot of 3's and 4's just in case we have an awful winter.

I originally ordered from them because they carry a particular groundcover that I haven't been able to find anywhere else. They have a special offer on most groundcoveres which makes it easier to buy in bulk.
    They have a website that's fun to browse.

No better way to spend a Sunday afternoon in January than with my garden catalogs, cup of coffee, blanket and a cat on my lap.

Cricket

• justputzinaround
    19 years ago

My favorites are Park's and Wayside Gardens (both the same company I believe). Their stock is always reliable, and they offer the newest that comes on the market, especially Wayside Gardens. Wayside offers more unusual stock too.

• koszta_kid
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Never have purchased from Bluestone. but I hear even though their plants are small, have great roots and take right off. I'm not going to order much this year. Plan on dividing and giving many away. That how I got many of mine.

• sanfan
    19 years ago

I check out the Garden watchdog before I order. It helps to see what others think. http://davesgarden.com/gwd/

• iowgardenangel
    19 years ago

i am looking for somewhere to order a fruit cocktail tree??

• maxkoreen
    19 years ago

I like Bluestone also but for seeds I like Stokes.
    Wendi

• koszta_kid
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Boy this must be year of the catalog-so far about 50. Makes some good (((( Day dreaming ))) just looking at pictures. Getting mostly seeds this year. And few more bird houses and more humming bird feeders.

• koszta_kid
    Original Author
    19 years ago

well, Put order in from to Bluestone Got 25% off for being first time buyer+ I ordered on line and got another 20% off. And they know when to send catalogs. I lied got more then seeds.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz