Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
TV Question

Posted by Maude_IA z5-SE Iowa (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 5, 04 at 19:35

OK - it's winter (almost).

I am not a TV person - no cable - and the box isn't 'on' often enough to get this info from the ads, so

What programs, if any, that might interest gardeners are available, and when are they broadcast?

Any advice or suggestions are welcome.

What broadcast area? Southeast Iowa - we get channel 9 from Cedar Rapids, PBS, and Fox 15. I'm guessing that only PBS has such a program, but when???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: TV Question

I am not sure if you'll be able to get this or not, but I think maybe. On KFAB (1110AM) radio on Saturday mornings, we have a man, John Fech, who is great. He also has a web site, I think it is www.planttalk.com.
Hope this helps.
Leslie

o

Victory Garden is still on IPTV on weekends - Saturday, I think. Not what it once was, but still an interesting show for gardeners. Gardening shows are scarce. Even on HGTV there's little gardening, only remodeling and decorating and decorating and decorating.... enough is enough.

o

A good choice is on public radio. At 9 a.m. on Friday mornings on both WSUI (Iowa City) and the Ames station (WOI??). It is hosted by Catherine Perkins and her guests are usually from the "Horticulture Gang" at ISU extension. They take gardening questions on the air. I've learned more about gardening in Iowa from this program than from any other source. It is just a wonderful resource.

Rhoda

o

I second Rhoda and public radio. I LOVE the garden call in show!

Cricket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iowa Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here