Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anamandy

Help!!! What is this??

lovetogarden
18 years ago

I have a small guesthouse on my property. It has a cinderblock foundation with a small crawl space. There are opening vents in the front and back of the crawl space (front and back of the house), that has a heavy duty wire mesh covering (this hasn't been breached). I had friends stay there over the holidays. When I went in there the other day, to close up the house, I noticed burrow holes all along the front of the porch which is at ground level and two perfectly round holes right up through the wood of the porch deck. What animal could do this? I did notice some tracks and they looked like bunny tracks. I pried up one of the floor boards of the deck and saw soil dug up. I put a rat trap down with peanut butter. Checking it today I saw soil dug up all around it but it wasn't touched. Could this be a rat, a rabbit, or a possum. Do all these animals chew? Also, there are no animal droppings to give me a clue as to what animal this could be. There is also no odor (which I guess is a good thing since people have told me that rats have a distinct unpleasant smell. Please help,as I'm going out of my mind with worry. I've never had a rat on my property and I don't want to have any now. Also, I have spayed and vacinated ferral cats (2) on my property that are great mousers. If it were rats wouldn't they kill them too? Please, please help. P.S. There is none of this activity at the main house or barn (inside or out).

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County