Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'de like an Insect ID? Wheel Bug?

Posted by torot Mass (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 26, 07 at 13:31

Hi all!
I've had this visiting bug in my house for a while now! I've looke around the web, I think it's a Wheel Bug? Well I've supplied a PIC here and I'de like to know if it is!

Many thanks, Ted

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'de like an Insect ID? Wheel Bug?

• Posted by jean001 z8aPortland, OR (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 26, 07 at 15:00

Nope. Instead, leaf-footed bug.

o

Looks like a Western Conifer seed bug (a type of leaf-footed bug) to be exact. A fairly typical home invader in some parts of the country (the NE, for example).

I'm going to attach an image to a wheel bug so that you can see the difference.

Here is a link that might be useful: Careful.....handle this one with care!

o

Definitely not a wheel bug.

Here is a link that might be useful: wheel bug photo

o

I am at a loss as to where to go,we have a large swarm of bugs similar to teds except black, some have a red spot on their back, some just have a red out line, that makes it resemble a tuxedo.I am new to the area, when the warm weather first arrived it was swarms of lady bugs trying to get in. that did not bother me except that they would die, so I scooped them back out side as much as I could. I just do not know what these are . thank you Gail

o

You are probably seeing Boxelder bugs, having hatched out and are swarming in many locations around the country. They are considered relatively harmless, just pesky.

Look up Boxelder Bug and see if that's not your critter.

In the future, if you need help with a pest, just post your very own message. That way, you will be assured of getting the personal attention your question deserves.

o

It's what we call a stink bug- whether that's the right name or not. Got 'em at home, got them at work.

Squish one in a tissue and smell it- you'll get why they're called stink bugs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here