Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gonzyro

Bugs in our house, please help!

gonzyro
17 years ago

Hello, everyone! I'm not very sure if this is the right forum to try to find some help, but if anyone can comment or advice I'll be forever grateful. We just moved 7 months ago to our new house (which in fact is somewhat 20 years old). During the late summer (we live in Philadelphia) we started seeing stink bugs coming into the house and staying in the skylights. We didn't know where they were coming from or how to kill them, so we just would hit them and when they fell to the floor, we would pick them up with a napking and throw them away. We spent the summer kiling an average of 8 bugs daily. Oddly enough, they don't stink. When the cold weather started, we saw few of them, and one day we spotted one coming out of the fireplace. We tried to trace them, but couln't see anything, and waited for the winter to get a fire in the fireplace and kill whatever eggs or adults could be there. Last weekend we finally did it and we had a nice fire going on for a few hours. However, to our surprise, the bugs have started to come into the house again!! Most are like very stupid and slow, and I even find corpses here and there. Please, I need to know how can we kill these awful things, since, although they don't stink, I hate them, and I don't lilke to have bugs crawling around all the time in my house. Anybody has any idea? Why the fire didn't kill them? What can we do?

Thanks so much for any help!

Rocio

Comments (4)