Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beneficial nematodes and pre-emergent herbicides

Posted by smom40 5MO (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 20, 05 at 13:57

DH wants to put a pre-emergent herbicide on our lawn in our "we don't have fences, all of the yards run together' subdivision house.

*I* want to be able to put down some beneficial nematodes in our lawn...

Will the herbicide kill the nematodes? Can they be used together? If so, is there a timing issue? And what is safe to use around kids?

If this is handled by a FAQ on another site, I'd appreciate the url. I don't have much time to research this, my DH is itching to do our lawn.

Any help would be appreciated! TIA!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beneficial nematodes and pre-emergent herbicides

• Posted by JAYK 8b (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 20, 05 at 21:06

You should be able to do both. There is evidence that nematodes are tolerant to many herbicides and fungicides, although they are sensitive to certain insecticides and nematicides. Look at the label for more information. As for your use of a preemergent, most are of low toxicity, but do read the label carefully for all directives about reentry and so on. Also make sure there is a need to apply the product and that you are doing it in the right time frame for efficacy.

o
RE: Beneficial nematodes and pre-emergent herbicides

Sorry it took so long to say thank you for this!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here