Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mole's or pack-rats

Posted by ksmarion z 5 ks (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 2, 04 at 6:57

During the winter,I has phone trouble,the phone co.found all the wireing under the deck chewed up to the bare wire,After that I cought 2 pack rats withing several weeks.Now I am getting my raised vegie beds ready,and found they are all under tunneled.Lost 2 blueberry bushes,and planted the new ones by lining the hole with wireing.When checking my Bin where I kept the empty flower pots,I found a pot with dehydrated baby mole's,several areas in the yard tells me the reason that this are not pack rats,
without taking up the raised beds and underlining them with wire mesh,wich due to health reason,I am not able to do,any ideas out there what else I could do.Thanks ,MD

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mole's or pack-rats

Here is somthing you could plant that might be useful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Euphorbia lathyrus

o

I was told that gopher purge does not harm them that it is just a plant that they won't eat? I just read in a magazine to put out tiny dishes of Coke - that the rats/mice can't handle the gasses and die. I also just bought some Camphor oil spray that is used to deter gophers and moles from your plants for 2 months. I too line my plant holes with chicken wire and have heard that hardware cloth can be effect but don't know where to find it.

o

Hardware cloth is at home depot or most building supplys.

o

After googling a bunch of difficult and expensive solutions to my mole problem, I decided to try something cheap and easy. I took a trowel and cut into a surface tunnel and scraped back some of the dirt. Then I loaded an ordinary mouse trap with peanut butter and laid it facing the section of tunnel toward the source. I put a bucket over it and a rock on top of the bucket to keep out curious pets. Next morning I had my first mole.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here