Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can Anybody ID this bug?

Posted by PaRaD0x Z7 Philadelphia (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 4, 05 at 20:57

Thanks!
Todd

Hope this is the right forum for Pest ID's....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can Anybody ID this bug?

• Posted by jean001 z8aPortland, OR (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 4, 05 at 21:35

Cockroach.

o

• Posted by PaRaD0x Z7 Philadelphia (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 4, 05 at 21:54

Hmmm...really? It's only about 1/4" long...I thought maybe bedbug (it's about that size)...but I see these both inside and outside the house from time to time...Sorry I have nothing in the photo for scale....

Thanks again...
Todd

o
RE: Cockroch ID

• Posted by PaRaD0x Z7 Philadelphia (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 4, 05 at 21:59

O, are they newly hatched/baby cockroaches probably? We do have plenty of those around heh...in fact, just killed a big one on our sidewalk when I noticed this much smaller bug on our porch....darn pests...

Thanks
Todd

o

It is absolutely a cockroach. If it is that small, it is a nymph. Looks like a female oriental cockroach, judging by the photograph.

o

Looks like a Oriental Cockroach
Go to http://www.ipconetwork.org/pests/bscview.mv
they have a great Bug Id site.

o

Definately looks like an oriental cockroach. They like damp woody mulch. They like anything damp but wood is where I find them the most. They aren't complete invaders like the german cockroach, that I know of. Some baits are out there that can be broadcast in your flowerbeds and yard. This will take some time to get rid of them but it will do the trick.

John

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here