Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marinewifenc

millipedes? help please!!!!

Marinewifenc
11 years ago

I found these little white worm lookign things first when i lifted the scalloped brick edging there was some under it. Not a lot, maybe 3 under each one, so I didn't think much of it.
I just amended a garden bed that had a landscape fabric on it for years, when pulled up i didn't notice any. Added composted manure (black kow), peat moss, and topsoil, and tree compost bagged yesterday. Tonight I see hundreds of these things in the soil.

I can't get a picture of them because they are so small.

But they are white/beige color, lots of legs, antenna things, segmented, thin maybe an inch long, or shorter. they are burrowing into the soil kind of, i don know what theyre doing exactly. they don't curl up in a ball when disturbed but i didn't harass them to find out, some were a bit curled laying there though.

What are these?
Are they bad, i wanted to plant in this garden. it's not a veggie garden or anything.
will they go away?
how do i get them to go away?
should i kill them?

Also if htey are milipedes, ive never seen an adult one around here before. assuming adult militpedes are the grey/black things that look kinda like a train.ive seen others like these, and shell sheddings i think they are, but they are still small.

i have seen the gross adult centipedes (i think) that are red and have longer legs that stick out the sides.

Comments (3)