Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wasp in brick grout

Posted by kateslegacy z5 IL (My Page) on
Wed, May 9, 07 at 11:57

I have a wasp or bee looking bug that is making a hole in the grout of my brick. It is making a round hole into the grout on the corner of the brick behind my shutter. It seems to be burrowing in. Is there any type of wasp or bee that anyone knows of that does this to brick/grout, and what can I do about it? I try to be tolerant, but it's right by my front door, and I don't want holes in the grout. I'd prefer something organic or the least toxic method of removal since I have kids and pets (and it's at the door).

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

Becky

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wasp in brick grout

• Posted by jean001 z8aPortland, OR (My Page) on
    Wed, May 9, 07 at 13:20

Most likely the crack was there, then the bee/wasp found it.

o
RE: wasp in brick grout

Stick a 'Post-It' note or tape a piece of paper over the hole in such a way that the insect can come out but it cannot get back in the grout. When it is out of the way, caulk the hole.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here