Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ants

Posted by jesse10 (My Page) on
Tue, May 15, 07 at 15:33

We recently have been invaded by some type of extremely tiny black ant. They are everywhere! If I leave a glass of anything sweet on the counter within 10 min. it's covered in these tiny little things. They recently found my medicine cabinet and love the childrens Motrin. I can't have anything out without them on it. Im not sure what kind of ant these are. They don't bite, atleast not yet and they love to travel via my base boards but will go anywhere. How do I figure out what kind of ant these are and how on earth do I get rid of them I have 3 small children.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ants

There are many products that are attractive to sweet loving ants and you might want to choose one that you can use in a secure fashion. 'LESCO' stores carry a good selection of such products and their advice is usually solid. There are others that are just as good.

o
RE: Ants

The ants have found a good food source and that is all they are looking for. Start your control by cleaning everywhere with something containing real lemon juice or pepermint oil (they must be real, not synthetic) and then watch where the ants are coming from and put a barrier of with the lemon juice of peppermint oil there to stop them. Be sure to drive the wee buggers out and try not to trap them in the house. Once the vast majority are moved outside, where they belong, put down barriers of lemon juice or peppermint oil to keep them from those entry points and plug those entry points up with caulk. A small jar of blackstrap molasses set out and away from your house will also aid in moving the ants away from your house.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here