Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geizjr

Snake holes

Geizjr
18 years ago

OK, I have a problem and was wondering if some of you can help. I have at least 20 snake holes in a small area of my yard where I believe a previous owner pushed over and buried a barn of some sorts. I see a few bricks and cinder blocks barely sticking out of the ground and this area is very uneven and bumpy. I do not want to dig this area up if I don't have too. I would like to add top soil and smooth it out. I really don't want to kill the snakes b/c I dont want some other pest replacing them. I haven't seen any snakes out, but if I had to guess, they are black snakes. They are very very common in my area. I plan on fencing this area in and bringing horses to this farm and just don't want all these holes in the ground or snakes around the horses. I imagine with 20 holes and cinder block buried in the ground there is a large number of them. Is there some way to control this without killing them. How can I stop them from making more holes that just suddenly appear. I know I'm asking alot and want the best of both worlds (snakes mean no other pest but i will have these holes). The house is currently vacant and I rather have snakes killing mice and rats than having these rodents in my empty house. Hope someone can help find a good solution. Thanks

Comments (3)