Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ticksmom419

Earwig Massacre?

ticksmom419
18 years ago

Hi! I have had the creepy crawly day today, starting with swarming termites crawling under my front door. For that, I have called Terminix to get any bad news. But while I was investigating the outside of my house, looking for termites, I opened the door to my crawlspace and came upon what looks like an earwig massacre. Mounded up against the corners of the doorway are piles of dead earwigs and billions of black, greenish, and white eggs. Honestly, I'm not that squeamish, but the sight of that made it completely impossible for me to go into the crawlspace. There's a funny smell coming from there (not bad, just funny). Does this sound familiar to anyone? I wonder if I'm looking at the dead edges of a massive earwig infestation. I did take pictures of it, but they're so large and detailed that I don't think I'd be able to get them to post here. I'll happily email them to anyone who has the stomach for it and thinks they could make sense of it. Yeesh -- I still have the shivers. Any help in understanding what I'm looking at would be appreciated.

Of course, the Terminix guy will go down there when he comes on Monday. But who can wait until Monday?!?

Thanks.

Karen

Comments (2)