Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ladybugs indoors?

Posted by Batsukaman none (My Page) on
Wed, May 22, 13 at 21:50

I don't have an outdoor garden, but I have tons of edibles growing in my bedroom containers. I was aphid-free for a while but alas, they finally got in and are having a blast. I've been picking them off and squishing them to death whenever I see them, but it seems like every time I look there are more than there were last time. I can't spray the plants down with a hose and I doubt I could really get them all with insecticidal spray. Do you think I might be able to use ladybugs indoors? If so, any tips on catching/keeping them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ladybugs indoors?

what are you trying to grow indoors? And under what conditions?

o

I dont think the ladybugs would thrive indoors and could cause more problems for you like poop spots on the walls etc. They would likely try and fly away which is what they often do when people release them into their gardens,

o

Many people think they need to use a garden hose and nozzle to knock the Aphids off their plants and that is not what you really want to do since that can do damage to the plants if due care is not used. I have used a 1 quart spray bottle with very good results for years, the only problem is my hand gets tired sometimes from squeezing the pump.
You could also use your shower.

o

• Posted by lvpc none (My Page) on
    Thu, May 23, 13 at 11:20

The ladybugs generally eat other insects. Sounds almost like you may have a deeper problem!

Here is a link that might be useful: Las Vegas Pest Control

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here