Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum | Post a Follow-Up

What IS this?

Posted by dragonfly_wings Z8 - Central TX. (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 6, 10 at 10:20

Not sure which forum to post this question in, but hoping someone here will recognize this problem.

There is a kind of web embedded with what looks like wood dust particles, located along the wood frame that surrounds my brick fireplace. I can wipe it away, no problem. In fact I've done that before, but it eventually shows up again.

What is causing it? I don't see any insects in or around it. Is it a sign of termites or wood/carpenter ants or what? If you CAN identify it, any suggestions for what to do?

What is it?

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: What IS this?

I've seen this, as well...but don't know what it is. This post will bump your question back to the top so that others may see it, and hopefully recognize it.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here