Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
perstephone

fleas in FL

perstephone
15 years ago

Help! We have 2 relatively indoor dogs, they're treated with Frontline. We're switching them to Advantage.

Our neighbors have 2 always outside dogs. Their kennel is along our fence, in an area that is off limits to our dogs- it's our toddler's play area (sandbox, little climber gym dealie, play mats).

Two days ago I took the kid out to play and got absolutely swarmed with fleas. They're in the sandbox and the entire area. The other parts of our yard are OK, but I've noticed a few fleas since 'the invasion'.

We need to knock this out now- I'm not interested in fighting a flea battle on our dogs and my son wants to play outside again.

We're stepping up indoor preventatives, like boric acid on the carpets and under the couch cushions, vaccuuming every day- we only have carpet in two bedrooms. I think we're ok for now inside.

I know how to treat fleas, but I don't know what to do to combat the neighbor's fleas. Any suggestions? Keep in mind that it's raining almost every day in the afternoon (typical summer pattern), and it's in the 90's and humid.

Thanks a bunch-

stephanie

Comment (1)