Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grassman84

Peppermint soap to control flies (and other bugs?)

grassman84
18 years ago

Do people out there have any feedback regarding using peppermint to control flies and other bugs? I pulled this quote out of another thread relating to controlling flies attracted to dog poop:

' . . .i do however have no fly problem, what i do is about once a week i take a bar of Dr.John's all natural peppermint soap (it might be St.John's can't remember),i cut into three pieces and shove it into one of those miracle grow containers that attaches to the end of your hose, and then u can spray with it. i spray everything, the grass the plants, the deck (so it runs under the deck). it seems to work wonders, i never see flies around my yard, or in my house, but my neighbors do and they don't spray the peppermint!! i also have three enormous lavender bushes around my back door so there may some truth to the lavender repelling flies thing!! anyways thats my all natural tip!! . . .

Wondering if others have had success similar to this poster and if the peppermint would be effective for all sorts of flies, bugs, mosquitos, no-see-ums, etc.

This is the thread from which I pulled the quote:

Here is a link that might be useful: dogs and flies

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!