Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with mixing portions of fungicide!

Posted by topsiebeezelbub z7 Al (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 21, 12 at 12:27

Help, please...I am feeling very dense; blaming it on the heat. My powdered fungicide says one TBS per gallon, so how do I mix it to use with a hose end sprayer, and what number to use on the sprayer dial? I am afraid I'll get it too strong...already tried once, then washed it off with water for fear I'd mixed it too strong. I have way too many plants to use a spray bottle; my hand would never survive. Math wiz, save me!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with mixing portions of fungicide!

I don't like hose end sprayers for chemicals where measurements matter. And you will never be assured of ending up with the right dilution rate because so much depends upon water pressure.

Simple pump sprayersql are very easy to operate and can be very inexpensive. I'd strongly recommend a two gallon pump sprayer. Simply put in as much water as you will need for one application, add the correct dosage....and spray. You'll use much less of the chemical, apply it more accurately, and with less overspray. The misuse of fungicidal products causes disease resistance and is a very widespread issue.

Try to estimate carefully how much water /product it will take per application. You can't store it (for a variety of reasons) and disposal of the excess is an environmental issue.

o

Thanks...That's what I was afraid of...bummer.

o

Not a bummer. Pump sprayers are inexpensive and efficient. You'll save a bunch of water, conserve the pesticides, and do a better job of getting the product to where it needs to go. I'm trying to think of what projects hose end sprayers should be used for and soluble fertilizer (and similar) is the only thing I can think of. There aren't too many '-cides ' that should be applied in such a sweeping method.

I just thought of something else.....beneficial nematodes need to be applied with a lot of water abd I think that hose-ends would be ideal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here