Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arjo_reich

I wish I had a picture...

arjo_reich
16 years ago

I saw the most interesting bug today and I can only barely describe it because I couldn't snap a picture of it before I felt compelled to free it.

It had the appearance of a bee, especially when looking at it's eyes and mouth parts, however it's wings were not bee-like at all. The shape of them was much broader and shaped very much like a butterfly's in that they were triangular and had markings on them, although the majority of the wing was clear/see-through.

The mid-section was also very interesting because instead of being segmented like you would expect a bee or wasps to be it was pretty much the same size from the head to the tail, which brings us to the most interesting part.

The tail showed no indication of a stinger, but instead it had a ruffle of fur / feathers that made it look like the tail of an air-craft.

In fact, between the shape of the wings and the way the tail was shaped, you'd think it was designed by an aerospace engineer.

It had two antennea which it used to probe the jar for a means of escape, but I don't know if that helps or hurts the description. I've tried researching this thing on myself but all combinations of keywords I've employed doesn't bring up anything similar.

I can tell you without a doubt it doesn't look like any of the bees, wasps, moths or butterflies images I've found.

<shrug>

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville