Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pgtr

Fleas in GA - solutions?

pgtr
19 years ago

Luckily I don't have them in the house but they got in the GA pretty good a month ago. They were BAD.

Here's what I've done:

1) Covered floor w/ 'flea powder' & Borax

2) Cleaned/vacuumed floor/emptied GA

3) Had the 'pros' come out and spray the GA

4) Covered floor again w/ flea powder and let sit (still there)

5) Fumagated w/ general insecticide you drop in water and leave

6) COmpletely covered floor w/ Borax (for 3 weeks now) and remaining flea powder

7) Put a dedicated flea bomb in GA couple days ago.

It was only today that I could finally detect no significant flea activity - maybe it was the recent flea bomb or maybe the extended presence of Borax (but that's been like 3 weeks).

I havne't used the GA for several weeks now - cars are outside and I don't frequent it unless I have to or to specifically check for flea activity. I've left the Borax down for a long time now (still there as I type). I can now go out and walk around and not pick up a single flea for the most part - but still once in a while I can pick up a lone flea here and there. I'd say it's about 98% better but I'd like to get that last 2% resolved and have my GA back w/o fear of tracking fleas inside!

I have to say I have no experience w/ fleas (no pets) but am impressed they could thrive so well on a concrete floor in a relatively baren garage. All I can say is I'm glad I never got them in the house w/ carpet! (follow a strict regimen before entering house).

thanks for any 'final solution' tips