Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ANTS - I want them dead!!

Posted by ziibiikwe MI - 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 22, 08 at 6:48

One evening I am watering my garden and flowers and everything is fine...the very next evening there are ant nests everywhere!! Literally everywhere....They are very tiny and red colored. I used a mixture that I got off this site of borax and powdered sugar which I thought helped, I also used bee spray (figured it would kill most anything if it could kill bees) and some liquid ant spray...I thought I had them, but then within hours, new small hills would crop up...what the hell kind are they and do they travel underground?? I only had one nest in the garden but the rest are all over the place. We recently dug up dirt to prepare our pole barn to cement and I have been raking and clearing small trees??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ANTS - I want them dead!!

This is an Integrated Pest Management forum not someplace to find out how to unnecessarily kill anything. Ants are a major part of Ma Natures recycling machine, not an insect that must be elimnated at all costs and spraying what you have sprayed is not part of the IPM program. There is simply no need to kill the ants you have.

o
RE: ANTS - I want them dead!!

After researching the website a bit more I find that you are absolutely correct. I apologize but in what I thought was this forum, members were discussing getting rid of squirrels, etc and its wasn't necessarily friendly. I will find a different forum for taking care of my ant issue.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here