Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mosquito, Mosquitos everywhere!

Posted by RyanC95 7B (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 18:23

When we had our house built 10 years ago there was an empty lot that nobody bought beside ours. Somebody did start digging a foundation but they never finished it and now its just a pond. The pond is like a breeding ground for frogs and mosquitos; it never really bothered me because we didn't hang outside the house a lot. Now we just made a garden and everytime I go out I get like 10+ mosquitos bites. I'm wondering if I should either put some goldfish into the pond to control the mosquito population or should I put mosquito dunks in there. I won't be maintaining the pond or anything, I don't own that property, but nobody really has done anything there for the past 9 years.

This post was edited by RyanC95 on Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 18:24

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mosquito, Mosquitos everywhere!

Call the city and they will fix the problem.

o

Call your local health department ... they will fill it in and bill the owners

For now, toss some mosquito dunks in there.

o

Thanks, I didn't know that the city would fix it for free

o

It's a public health issue.

they will bill the owners and slap a lien on the property.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here