Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is this beetle and how do I get rid of it?

Posted by thomas1975 none (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 7, 13 at 22:00

Starting a few days ago (when it started getting really hot here in Southwestern CT) we noticed a huge increase in this 'beetle' (it's kind of like a ladybug as far as size and the way it flies). At one point we noticed literally dozens of them hovering over our lawn. As soon as they 'sensed' us, they started swarming and essentially attacking us (not biting but landing on us). This has continued (not to the extreme of a few days ago but close) where any time we are outside these things come out of nowhere and start landing on us. I even noticed one under my shirt after I went inside.

Thanks for any thoughts on what they are/how to stop them!

http://i.imgur.com/BcrbVU8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Qo1E2b4.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: bug

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is this beetle and how do I get rid of it?

I have looked at numerous images of beetles and have yet to see one that resembles this one. I would put this one in a sealable plastic bag and take it to my nearest University of Connecticut (UCONN) Cooperative Extension Service office for identification.
If necessary to control, not all insects need control, they will also have suggestions.

Here is a link that might be useful: UCONN CES

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here