Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jonrey_gw

What is this insect? Help!

jonrey
18 years ago

I badly need your help. I get a number of this insect on my front door every afternoon. Initially, I was blaming it on the grass as our place got newly sodded (well 4 weeks ago). Also, water on the side of my house are not drying properly due to poor grading of the lawn. So I was blaming on that too. I then focused my attention to the hanging flower I bought a 2 weeks ago. I thought that it may be attracting these insects. I got rid of it last Friday, soaped the whole front of the house and the insects were non-existent whole of Saturday and Sunday. I thought I solved the problem. But not until this afternoon. After a quick down poor, the little insects are back on my porch. They look like fruit flies. Some of them fly, while some hops. They crawl too. I don't think they bite, but they are just on my porch that everytime I open the door, bunch of them gets in the house. Sorry for being lengthy. I just don't want to missed any detail. Attached is a somewhat blurry image of the insect that I took. They are about 1/5th of a mm in size. Please tell me what they are, where they came from and how can I get rid of them. I don't have any plants on my porch anymore. But these little insects are all over my place in the afternoon.

http://www.jonreybautista.com/insect/167_6737.jpg

Thanks.

Thanks a million for your help.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!