Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White spots and webs in basement

Posted by cheerful1 z7NY (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 18, 04 at 8:00

While waterproofing my basement, I noticed some small white spots on the wood planks overhead, plus some webs. I have a spider and cricket problem; would these spots be eggs? I sprayed all around; later on I saw a large cricket. Did I possibly disturb a nest? I appreciate any help I can get, since this grosses me out!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White spots and webs in basement

If you've got crickets, the spiders are helping you by eating them. Spiders are good guys. Seal all the cracks around the windows and foundation with caulk and that should keep any new invasions down. You can put down duct tape, sticky side up, and trap some of the crickets. Cats also eat crickets, or at least mine do.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here