Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
stinkhorn fungus

Posted by chappie Indiana (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 11, 05 at 19:40

I recently have been invaded by alien stinkhorn fungus which have infested my flower bed beside my front porch.
What advice besides digging up the mulch, dirt and the stinky things (that look like carrots with nasty green tips) can you give me? Can I get rid of these "guys"?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: stinkhorn fungus

• Posted by jean001 z8aPortland, OR (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 12, 05 at 23:25

Collect and discard. The fungus will run out of steam on its own accord.

o

• Posted by phdNC z6NW-No.Car. (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 14, 05 at 12:46

Good old fashioned bordeaux powder (a mixture of copper sulfate and lime) will knock back stinkhorn.

o

Where do you get this powder and is it safe for the rest of the landscape plants? How do you use it?
I am desperate with about 3 acres of fungus covered yard.
Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here