Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
justjenny121

Cricket help, please....

JustJenny
19 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and so glad I found you! I have a greenhouse that opens into my living room with no doors to close in between. Its like a garden room, but with river stone filled pit-floor, it's own water supply, and drainage to main water pipe of the house.

Despite being extremely careful in bringing my tropicals inside, after their summer on the deck, I have, today, managed to bring in a very loud cricket with one of them!

After reading so many posts here about the use of Boric Acid as a way to get rid of crickets, I've become a bit confused. No kids, no pets, so that's okay. Since I'll be watering the greenhouse daily, where would I put the B.A. to keep it in place until it does the job? Not on the plants or in the pots, I know. There are small 4" concrete ledges, at ground level, that surround the floor. There are redwood slats on the benches with 1" spaces in between at the 3' height.

The cricket currently seems to be hiding in among the branches of my several 6' Hibiscus trees. Will it go down to floor level and seek out the Boric Acid? Does it work as an attractant for pests?

Outside, I don't mind any insect, and even inside, most don't bother me, but the incessant chirping and having had one jump onto to my shoulder last year and make me jump out of my skin, has made me want this guy to go ASAP!

Sorry for the long post, but many thanks for any help you can offer!

Jenny

Comments (4)