Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bed bugs problem

Posted by suvra CA (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 22, 11 at 13:46

I am having problem with bed bugs. Is there any idea to prevent them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bed bugs problem

See the info at Cornell University
http://nysipm.cornell.edu/publications/bb_guidelines/

Here is a link that might be useful: bed bug management

o

Advice given above is sound. Just don't fall for any of the over the counter miracle preventives/killers none, to my knowledge work. The only way to prevent them in the future is not to let them into your house. I usually try to offer home methods on this forum, but for Bed bugs I am afraid this is a job for a real professional. Careful; there are shysters waiting to prey on you. Freezing is one sure fire way of ridding an area of Bed bugs, but I don't know of how much this treatment costs.

o

If you've found them in your bed, you can pretty much count on them being all over the place. They don't just hide out in mattresses.

o

Lol. I have a floor "steamer". You know the ones they sell on the infomercials to clean hardwood floors? Well I was thinking that the steam gets sooo hot that you could use it on your bed to kill bedbugs. It even comes with a floor attachment for carpet. It should kill the bugs. The steam melts the skin off my fingers!

o

There is no one way to prevent, or control, bed bugs. Prevention is simple, don't go where they are. If you have them then you need a multipronged approach for control and elimination. Keep in mind that the pesticides being sold for control most often are not effective and exposure to them can cause you and your family severe health problems.
Read the stuff from Cornell that is linked above.

o

You can use pest control to prevent bed bugs. The pest controls are very effective on termites. For more information you can go through below link for professional pest control companies.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pest Exterminator Long island ny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Integrated Pest Management Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here