Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Irises for a Newbie

Posted by jasminegarden (jasminegarden12345@hotmail.com) on
Sat, Jan 13, 07 at 19:26

I would really really like some Irises. I'm a newbie when it comes to irises. I bought some thru the Internet last year, but they still have yet to bloom this spring.

Looking to trade in spring/early summer. Does anyone have some irises to spare? I would even send you postage for some, if you prefer.

Please take a look at my exchange page. I have pics of some of the plants on my list that I could email you. PLMK.

Thanks,
Jasmine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Irises for a Newbie

Bearded Iris are normally dug and divided in late July and August. You may want to check back in then.

What growing zone are you in?

o

Jasmine,
I have waaaaaaaaay to many irises! Can't do it right now due to weather but would definitely be willing to do for postage. LMK

I planted these purple iris last April and they all bloomed a deep purple.

o

Are you still looking? I have tall bearded iris that are purple with a gold/yellow throat. I can send you a picture. Let me know.

Becky
ramazz

o

if you are still looking, i need to thin out my unnamed tb iris. i would send a mix of colors.

o

I'm currently thinning out my light lavender iris. They need a place to go!

PLMK,
Peggy

o

I too am a newbie gardener...I am willing to pay postage if you need a good home for your irises. Please contact bina_rathod@hotmail.com, I'm in NJ .....

o

Hello Iris Lovers,

I just wanted to get an early start to collection some irises for my garden this Spring. I've posted here before and some wonderful people sent me some irises for postage. Unfortunately, all my beautiful irises perish in the recent floods. If you have any to spare, please post or email me.

Hoping to hear from you,
JasmineGarden

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here