Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Named Iris - 4 Sizes

Posted by deeter 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 22, 13 at 13:20

I'M SO SORRY, I'M GOING HAVE TO CLOSE THIS POST UNTIL A LATER DATE! I'M FINDING MANY OF MY IRIS HAVE DIED THROUGH THE WINTER AND NEED TO SEE WHICH ONES ARE STILL AVAILABLE. SO SORRY!

I have 60+ Named Iris of which most need to be divided this year and I'm hoping to set up trades after they have bloomed. I prefer Named Iris, but will consider other plants including pond plants if they are something that I want or can use. All offers will be considered in the order they are received. I will respond to your request as soon as I have checked what you have for trade and made my choices if you have plants I can use .

Please check my trade list and see what iris you want and send your want list to me along with a list of what you have available and we can then set up a trade.

Please keep in mind that some of these iris will only have one or two extra flags while others will have several; so the sooner I'm contacted the better your chance is to get the ones you would like.

If trading heat sensitive plants, I will expect them to be shipped ASAP before weather turns hot so they will survive shipping. I'm sure you will understand my concern. I have received heat sensitive plants in the past and they have died from the stress. They either dried up from lack of moisture, or cooked from the moisture that was in their plastic bag. As mentioned before, I ship the iris after they have bloomed and the new fans have good root growth before removing them.

To ship: I cut back fans, wash in light antibacterial soap solution with soft brush to remove dirt, rinse in bleach solution, and air dry to heal over end cut off mother plant. (If you have concerns on my method, feel free to express your ideas.)

I print out the trades I make, so there is no mistake on what to send, to whom I'm sending it to, and what I'm trading for and the quantities. I also send a surprise plant with all my trades.

Thank You and Happy Gardening!

This post was edited by deeter on Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 13:32

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Named Iris - 4 Sizes

I Just sent you a email, need to leave to work biut will answer when I get home. Would love to trade peonies and iris. I have a large collectiuon of both. Will have my requests out later tonight for sure. flowersbytheriver2@comcast.net

o

Definately would like Cinnamon Apples, Jungle Warrior,Fire Bug, Swan Ballet, Sky Hooks, Tulip Festival. Peony Command Performance. Plus previously requested. Want a large trade. Will get to more tomorrow after work. Did you get my emaiL?

o

Trades no longer available until this fall when I divide iris' to know what is available. I'm finding several iris have nearly died out over winter and need to make sure I have a start or two for myself so I don't lose them completely. So Sorry!

Will repost after I have divided my iris in August.
Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here