Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID's and this years irises.

Posted by ashes_of_the_fire 6B (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 18, 11 at 15:53

I never posted this year since I was lazy and didn't feel like editing every photo to fit on here or start a photobucket page, until now.
so here we are, my iris pics from the spring. a few don't have ID's and if anyone can help me out, that would be wondserful.

Photobucket
NOID It's tall and smells wonderful, big blooms, I edited the photo to get the colour just right. it's also double socketed which i love, it makes the show just that much longer!

Photobucket

First iris of last year, a pallida, and of course it opened on a day that it rained! I love this pallida's purple, i have variegata aurea too and it's lighter than this.

Photobucket
NOID When i bought it it had a stalk with blue coloured buds, but they died, and this year it bloomed as you see it, cream with no hint of blue, since it increased heavily this year i split it up. When this pic was taken it was in part shade I left some where it was and moved the rest to full sun to see if maybe light levels had something to do with it. This was also it's first bloom for me in my yard, hopefully it will be blue next year.

Thanks for looking!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID's and this years irises.

Beautiful!

My guess is that the third one is a different variety, one that was in the clump with the blue ones.

Iris often skip a year, especially if they've been moved, so the blue ones will probably return next season (*this* season!), & maybe more of these cream-colored ones will bloom along with them.

o

*bump*

o

I got Desert Canyon a couple of years ago, I don't have a photo but mine looked similar, deeper color though than the photo at the site below. Just scroll down for Desert Canyon & see what you think.

Here is a link that might be useful: Desert Canyon

o

it does look similar, how tall is it though? the site doesn't say. but the standards are only a shade or so lighter than the falls, are yours the same?

o

I wish I had taken a picture, but the rain ruined the last blooms. The standards on mine are just a bit lighter than the falls. I think mine looks closer to your plant than the one in the photo. I was looking through historic iris & spotted this one, Easter Bonnet
http://www.hips-roots.com/visitors/v-photos/vp-topframe.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Easter Bonnet

o

i agree, sort of like EASTER BONNET but darker. the colour is really hard to get a fix on though, it's very much shimmery. also my veining around the hafts is more goldish brown then that yellow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here