Iris blooming!

Posted by ngraham z6 KY (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 25, 11 at 9:03

A few blooms
Radiant Bliss
Radiant Bliss

Cranapple
Cranapple

1st bloom for Jurassic Park. I bought JP years ago, & when it bloomed it looked just like my Edith Wolford. So very hard sometimes to tell an iris from pictures. Last year a friend sent me JR, & there is a definite difference :) Frankly, I think I like the colors of Edith better, but this is a nice plant. We've been having lots of heavy winds here, I've had buds & stalks just snapped off-some of new to my garden iris :( JR has been standing up to it all
Jurassic Park

Alien Mist
Alien Mist

Clumps of Earl of Essex & Bengal tiger
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Iris blooming!

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 26, 11 at 10:10

Nice blooms! I don't think my JP bloomed last yr. Hope it does this yr.

o

Earl of Essex sure makes a gorgeous clump. What a beauty!
Renee

o

Thanks!
I've had Earl for several years, it is my most dependable rebloomer, ALWAYS reblooms in the fall. Earl, Harvest of Memories, & Daughter of Stars are my best reblooming iris.
They are all good multipliers too. I have clumps of Earl in several places.

o

I wasn't too crazy over Jurassic Park - love Edith!

How do you like the color of Cranapple?

o
RE: two more

SEveral years ago I was in my red phase & got several. I'm over it now :) I do like Cranapple, but I have Enternal Fire that I like better. They are a similar size & height, I just like the color a bit better on EF, but Cranapple multiplies better. Cannonball is a larger flower & more ruffled, I like that one too

Eternal Fire
Eternal Fire

Cannonball
Cannonball

o

I'm glad to hear your answer. I was thinking I should probably get Cranapple - color looks so good in your photo - and hear what an excellent iris it is.

Ooh, yes, Cannonball looks very good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here