Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally some blooms!

Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 17, 11 at 21:14

This has been a long cold winter. Things are just now beginning to pop out. And, of course, today it's back to raining again. It started out nice and sunny and decent temps. Now this. I'm so sick of rain and cold I could scream!

Anyway, the irises are popping up like crazy and should be in full bloom in another week or so, providing it warms back up again and the rain goes away. Geesh...

These two were taken this morning before the rain.
CREDIBLE JUSTIFICATION (as you can see, I need to finish weeding...)
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

RED RIDER (this poor baby is growing up into one of my rose bushes)

This was taken a couple weeks ago.
an unknown white naturalized one that was here when we moved in 10yrs ago...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally some blooms!

Yay!

Beautiful photos!

It seems to me that the irises here have been sparse, & we too had a very cold, very dry winter.

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 18, 11 at 11:16

Thanks Sylvia. Unfortunately, our winter has been anything but dry. It rained about 75% of the time. As much as I hated it, I think it's really benefited everything in my garden. I have lilies and things popping up that didn't come up the last couple of yrs. I think it's going to be a beautiful spring.

o

We had rain this week!!! Unheard of. We're over 34 inches and the weeds have loved it too.

Great picture of Credible Justification. Thanks for the pics!

o

I love Red Rider- that velvety fall is so soft and pretty. Thanks for the photos.
Renee

o

Very pretty, so nice to see some iris blooming! Credible Justification has a lot going on, I like it. Love the color of Red Rider too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here