Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Last of the iris

Posted by msmisk NTX8 (My Page) on
Sat, May 8, 10 at 17:54

This looks like the last batch of iris to bloom for me this year. Mine were all new this season - I added 80 iris after seeing a garden of roses, iris, poppies & larskpur on a garden tour last spring. Only about half bloomed this year. I'm already looking forward to next season !

Black Out
iris

Not Spiked Punch
iris

American Maid
iris

NOID
iris

Pink Horizon
iris

Wishful Thinking
iris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Last of the iris

All beautiful, as is the rose behind your noid. I can't believe you bought 80 irises! Have your larkspur started to bloom yet? Mine just started, and only one of my poppies came up.

Renee

o

Over? Bah!

I'm going to have to get your plicata identified. Thanks for the great show!

o

Do you think your NOID is Champagne Waltz? Mine just opened a few days ago, so it is a late season bloomer. Here is mine:
Champagne Waltz

Champagne Waltz

o

Renee - My larkspur are just starting to bloom, too. They seem late this year. Out of the zillion poppy seeds my friend gave me, maybe 50 came up. Of those 50, only 2 got tall and bloomed. The rest stayed 2 or 3 inches tall and had a tiny bloom. I'm going to have to let her be the poppy farmer, and I'll just enjoy them in her yard !

ngraham - I do think my noid could be Champagne Waltz, don't you ? It looks exactly like it. I'm excited !

Carol

o

Carol, I'm pretty certain it is Champagne Waltz. I bet your other one will be identified, it is original enough someone will probably recognize it. I hope so, it is very pretty! They are all lovely though, I do love iris :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here