Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More Photos...(alot)

Posted by eroctuse2 z5 SE Michigan (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 2, 09 at 21:16

So, I'm still under the weather, but I can see the silver lining. Here are some photos I've just uploaded from my gardens:

'Light Up My Life' (new intro last year - bonus from my club's '08 Blue J order)
'Light Up My Life'

'Lava Moonscape' (fell for it during the '05 national convention)
'Lava Moonscape'

'Prairie Bison' (ordered from the description alone last year - doesn't look especially "chocloate brown" to me)
'Prairie Bison'

'Disco Eclipse' (another I fell for at the '05 convention)
'Disco Eclipse'

'Rainbow Candy' (bonus from Snowpeak and my mom's favorite)
'Rainbow Candy'

'Calico Vista' (especially short again this year)
'Calico Vista'

'About Last Night'
'About Last Night'

'Gypsy Geena'
'Gypsy Geena'

'Starring' (gorgeous bloom, miserable stalks and plant)
'Starring'

'Heart Of Africa'
'Heart Of Africa'

'Thornbird' (did I really need to label the photo?)
'Thornbird'

'Rayos Adentro' (quite possibly the most beautiful MTB I've seen - and I'm not just saying that because Carol (the originator) helped judge our show Saturday :) )
'Rayos Adentro

'Blue Fin'
'Blue Fin'

'All Aflutter'
'All Aflutter'

'Holy Kosmoly' (missing a standard in this shot, but only had 3 blooms to try and photograph this year)
'Holy Kosmoly'

'Suspicion'
'Suspicion'

'Champagne Frost' (another bonus - great form, lousy bud count/short stalk, but first time to bloom)
'Champagne Frost'

'Intrepide' (wild, intense colors)
'Intrepide'

'Midnight Revelry' (bonus from Schreiner's - usually has better form)
'Midnight Revelry'

'Sargent Preston' (yet another I fell for at the national)
'Sargent Preston'

'Llama Mama' (nicely branched, tall stalks (even on a first year plant)
'Llama Mama'

A seedling (out of 'Divine') from a friend.
Photobucket

'Naples' (fell for it at a show last year)
'Naples'

'White Room' (much nicer than when I saw it in St. Louis)
'White Room'

A seedling from Chuck Bunnell. He was going to compost it and it looked like this when I first saw it. Had it looked like it does this year, I don't know that I would have pleaded to save a piece.
Bunnell Seedling

'Epic Poem' (some of you might be familiar with the current photo+joke craze of "epic fail"... I wanted to use that to describe this, but that's not really fair. It's a first year water-loving plant (that was never watered in))
'Epic Poem'

Let me know if this is too many thumbs for a reasonable load time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More Photos...(alot)

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 2, 09 at 23:20

Your irises look great as usual!
I don't have any trouble with the thumbnails loading.
Remy

o

Gorgeous, gorgeous!! I planted Blue Fin last year....hope it blooms for me.

Gotta love those BlueJ bonuses!

o

Brock ~ you amaze me for someone who 'recently' began with beardeds and digital photography.

I am drooling over a couple of unnamed at your photobucket account. I really appreciate seeing the truer colors you capture. One of these days a digital will appear that even gets all the difficult lav-purple-blue ones.

o

Thank-you everyone very much for your kind words. I do appreciate them.

iris_gal, are there any NOIDs in particular? There are a few I have hunches on, but not many. I don't want to get your hopes up, but I'll be moving the rest of the old garden this year and I *might* have enough of some to share.

Two of my NOIDs are out at the property and the grower that sent the mislabels went/was forced out of business last year. So, guess who's the proud owner of worthless junk they paid for.

This was supposed to be 'Obi-Wan Kenobi':
Photobucket

and this was supposed to be 'Huckleberry Fudge':
Photobucket

Makes me wonder what I'll find when the rest bloom next year and there's nothing I can do about it.

That all sounds so bitter and disappointed, but I really am thrilled with the gardens this year and I'm expecting big boxes of more beautiful iris soon!!

o

Brock ~~ I'll have to start a new thread to attach the photo unless I put it in my photobucket account!

So I'll make a new thread. It was one at the Detroit zoo group.

After I discovered how many noids a grower had sent me it became worse. The local grower had also bought from that same outfit and I bought from her ~~ increasing my noids!!!

Out of desperation I've learned to save lots of pics and carefully examine my iris against them.

o
RE: noids

Brock ~~ I'll have to start a new thread to attach the photo unless I put it in my photobucket account!

So I'll make a new thread. It was one at the Detroit zoo group.

After I discovered how many noids a grower had sent me it became worse. The local grower had also bought from that same outfit and I bought from her ~~ increasing my noids!!!

Out of desperation I've learned to save lots of pics and carefully examine my iris against them.

o
RE: couldn't attach???

Maybe we're disabled from using the old method of using attachments?
So here goes with the embedding method:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Bumping up to catch eroctuse!

o

Hi iris_gal,

I'm sorry to say that I don't know the id for the first. It makes me think of 'Bel Esprit', but I don't believe it is.

The second looks just like 'Lady Jane' to me, but it's marker is gone (good ol' public gardens have a way of losing markers). I can say, however, that it was beside a Lauer seedling (I think they're left over from when my club hosted the national years ago and they weren't updated when they were introduced) and LJ is also a Lauer.

The last looks just like my 'Pumpkin Cheesecake', but I didn't get a photo of mine.

I hope that's at least a start.

P.S. I don't know if anyone noticed, but I didn't place my copyright on that "supposed to be 'Obi-Wan Kenobi'" photo. That's one of those "if you really want to use it without my permission, you deserve the photo credit for that gem" photos. LOL

o

Thanks Brock. I never would have thought of Pumpkin Ch.

I'll check out Lady Jane --- she'd look good in my garden!

And I'm with you on the first 2 pics. Looked more pastel than Bel Esp. but with those color breaks I thought it could be having an off year.

o
RE: old Bel Esprit look-alike

Came across a photo of Hawaiian Queen at DavesGarden I think. Very similar to the noid at Detroit Zoo. Didn't have streaking. Hmmm........................

o

Wow! LOVE THEM ALL!! Those beards on About Last Night still amaze me. Favorites are Lava Moonscape and Rainbow Candy. Love all of the NOIDs too.

Shadow

o

eroctuse2- I love your pictures. Simply beauticul. I hope Starring is not a misterable plant here as I already ordered it for July.

iris gal- I love that fourth picture you posted. Wish I knew what it was.

o

Thank-you, Rita, for your kind words regarding my photos.

A few posts up I mentioned that I think that one you're referring to looks just like 'Pumpkin Cheesecake'. It was at the zoo and it's marker had been lost.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here