Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pictures of Violet Reprise?

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 8, 10 at 23:21

Hello all,
Can anyone post a photo of Violet Reprise? The photos I find show it as a gorgeous rich lavender/lilac color, about mid-range between dark and light. I love it. I need it.

But the descriptions say things like "dark violet-purple". I don't want dark. There's something wrong with my taste- I just don't like dark purple irises, and I especially don't like them next to my florescent salmon roses. I want rich lavender/lilac or orchid there.

Anxiously awaiting spring,
Renee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pictures of Violet Reprise?

I'm seeing color listed as dark red-violet. Sounds good. The pics at blueJ and D___s Gard. uphold that description.

I had to get rid of Rosalie Figge 'cause she was too cool purp. for my garden. I bought Grand Old Opry for a warm deep lavender but it's not a rebloomer.

My friend has a noid in bloom now with a bit of dk. yel. on the inner part of the beard. It really perks up the winter garden. Much richer warmer lavender than shown --- too late in the day for accurate color.

Photobucket

o

Irisgal, that is exactly the color I am looking for. What a beautiful iris it is, too! If your friend is in California, will you ask her if she would like to trade? I have posted photos of my current rebloomers on the gallery pages. I have others as well.

Renee

o

Irisgal, that's luscious!

Renee, you might look at Anxious;
here's a link to it on the Gallery page.

Here is a link that might be useful: Anxious-Smoky Lavender Re-Bloomer

o

I will bug her for a piece for you. It was newly planted (4 months ago - about) so has no obvious babies, as yet. It may take another year. But I am definately going to mark it and give her no rest. She gets these wild hairs and redoes her garden, losing wonderful plants in the process, and later kicks herself. I vow to take no chances on not getting a piece.

o

Sylvia, I loved your photo of Anxious. I fear it might be a bit too pastel to stand up to my saturated oranges and yellows.

Irisgal, I will wait with baited breath. Meanwhile, I think I will order Violet Reprise and see if it can stand up to Marmalade Skies rose. There's another rebloomer called Winter Queen that looks very nice, but the only place that has it is unreliable, so I'll hold off.
Renee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here