Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Margie Valenzuela on the AIS Blog

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 11:35

Hi iris lovers,

You probably recognize the name Margie Valenzuela from your travels on the Interwebs looking at iris photos on that other site that shall remain nameless here. Did you know she also hybridizes irises? Take a look at the AIS blog.

Here is a link that might be useful: AIS World of Irises Blog- Margie Valenzuela

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Margie Valenzuela on the AIS Blog

Moving it down the list

o

Thanks for all the nice articles about hybridizers and irises.

I made my first cross last year and I've now got the seeds waiting in the fridge. It's between "Crinoline" and a very deep purple Iris I do not yet know the name of. Only have 20 seeds so it will be easy to accomodate them some place.

Anyways it means a lot to me to be able to read about irises and look at all those wonderful pictures (including your own faboulous garden). Unfortunately in the country I live in (Slovenia) iris gardeners are not that well organized so I don't know any personally but I found some pictures from an old slovenian iris (also daylily and poppy) hybridizer (I attached a link to some images, maybe someone will find them interesting).

Here is a link that might be useful: Picasa Web Album - Irises in Slovenia

This post was edited by Ivan21 on Wed, Feb 20, 13 at 14:58

o

Thanks Hosenemesis. I hadn't seen her 2013 intros ~ looking very good.

I really like pictures of her 'Grand Canyon Gold'.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here