Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Surprising - Iris already starting to show green

Posted by zaffisc Utah (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 26, 13 at 12:02

In the West Desert of Utah, we've been hit with some serious snow this year, as many of us have. So, when taking the dogs for a walk, I was totally surprised to see the old Iris on the outside of the fence starting to green up. These are just old purple germanica and white cemetary irises - and obviously they are still around for a reason - tough stuff!! We've been in the single digits with wind chills of -20F some days, so this was a real surprise to see them coming up in these weather conditions.

This bed has old yellow daffodils on the outer perimeter of the bed, and Irises all down the fenceline. In spring, it's very pretty and it's too bad it's on the side of the house where it is difficult to see and appreciate.

Candy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Surprising - Iris already starting to show green

I see it! You have quite a show in the spring, don't you? I'd love to see it in full bloom.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here