Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you ID this multi-colored rainbow bearded iris?

Posted by gottagarden z5 western NY (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 4, 11 at 12:21

This was a named iris when I bought it, but I've lost the tags. I think the name should sound familiar, if you can identify it.

It has quite distinctive colors!

From Plant Trades

From Plant Trades

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you ID this multi-colored rainbow bearded iris?

I don't know the branching pattern well enuf to know if it is Afternoon Delight or Different World. Those 2 were popular.

Here are more names with similar colors.
Arabian Tapestry HM'85 - Cameo Dawn blyth'04 picotee on fall - Carnival In Rio - Colorflick brown91 - Competitive Edge - Enchanted One (S.yel) - Just Too Mauvelous 06 - Louise Watts AM'76 - Punch Line '68

o

Yes! Afternoon Delight! I recognized the name and confirmed with google images. Thank you for solving the mystery. Your skill is appreciated.

o

Wonderful photos, gottagarden.
Irisgal, you're good!

o

Hosenemesis ~~~ LOL, gottagarden and I have some of the same iris!

o

I think I have a cousin of Afternoon Delight in my yard -- I think the name is Devilish Delight, but I can't find an online catalogue listing to confirm.

It's a very healthy creature -- this photo is from an unexpected fall rebloom -- although sometimes it throws a blossom or two that lack standards. I assume the deformity is related to whatever quirk makes the beard curl upward!

Here is a link that might be useful: Devilish delight, maybe?

o

Dood Grief, gottagarden! Those are gorgeous iris and a gorgeous picture. glad you got the ID. iris_gal is usually dead-on.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here