Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can Anyone Recommend a Good Place to Stay in Salem, Oregon?

Posted by mikesc 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 25, 09 at 17:27

Any hotel/motel preferences? Good Experiences? Ones to avoid?

Any feedback appreciated!

Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can Anyone Recommend a Good Place to Stay in Salem, Oregon?

Shilo Inn for mid price range is nice and they have breakfast downstairs every day. That is I-5 and Market about 5-7 miles from Keith Keppel and Mid America and about 10 to Schreiners. Then you can go to Adelemans Peonie and Seabright Hosta.

Higher prices but just as nice is the Phoenix Inn and Best Westerns..

Denise

o

Denise,
Thanks a million! I have never been but am really excited about finally being able to get off work to go during bloom.

Mike

o

When are you coming and for how long? I know you will want to see Schreiners, Mid America and Keith's but if you have time would love to have you come out here as well

D

o

Thanks, Denise. I'm still shoring up plans. I want to see as many gardens as I can!

Mike

o

Try Tripadvisor.com---they have lots of reviews in the forums of various hotels/inns etc. Go to the site, then USA forums, then the state, then the town. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here