Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Nada' Again!

Posted by eroctuse2 z5 SE Michigan (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 28, 09 at 18:19

I'm beginning to think this one's not registered with the AIS, but I received it from the same person (rosemarysims) that wrote two paragraphs on it (including proper identification).

Here's the first (indoor) bloom of my season. Hopefully better shots will come (this is with my old camera).

Brock

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Nada' Again!

Here's a shot with the new camera.

'Nada'

o

Beautiful pictures. That is a good way to start the iris season here in Michigan!

Shadow

o

The name NADA is listed in the AIS database with no other informaation. That means it could be a 2007 or later registration, or that the name is registered and the rest of the information has not been sent yet.

o

1939 Checklist NADA Ev-W1 1936 Giridlian (japonica X WATTII) HM (AIS)1939.
The breeder was a J.N.Giridlian Oakhurst Gardens, 512 Foothill Blvd. Arcadia California.
Irises in the AIS database that where registered prior to 1950 appear in name only

o

Thank-you for the information on 'Nada'.

Every time I see the daylily database is free to anyone and has photos of many varieties, I get more upset that the AIS database has a fee and is void of photos. I suppose it's just an eventuality that I'll end up paying for it, but it's just so frustrating to me that I just can't bring myself to pay for something that should be made available free of charge.

So many people ask about the AIS database and then say "forget it" when they see it costs money. I've been one of them for quite some time.

Anyway, thanks again. I do appreciate it.

Brock

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here