Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carolynmo_gw

piney woods 2010 introductions

carolynmo
14 years ago

I would love to post the pictures of our first 5 introductions but don't have a clue how to downsize the pictures to 61K--can anyone help?

Comments (8)

• hosenemesis
    14 years ago

You can open a free Photobucket account, then upload them there in any number of different sizes, then you can copy and paste the html code here. That's the only way I can do it.
    Renee

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

I too use the free picture hosting offered by Photobucket. That way a picture can be larger than the limit of 61kb by embedding rather than attaching.

But first I open my uploaded pic in the free IrfanView. I also have Photoshop Elements but only use it for a rare problem -- too slow.

The order I follow is:
    1. Crop (I can zoom out to see the entire photo for this step)
    2. Resize (I use the percentage setting -- from a 5 mp camera shooting at high resolution it usually means I size down to 30% -- whatever it takes to fit on the screen)
    3. Color adjustment if needed; lighten/darken if needed
    4. Sharpen (usually 1 sharpen is needed)
    5. Save as a jpg at 85 percent compression.

I have found it helpful to include a notation after the name as to what I did.
    RanchoRose 2sh85p = 2 sharpens, saved at 85percent compression.

I love, love IrfanView. Very easy to learn. Text can be put into a picture. Saving can be done in jpg, tiff, bmp, etc. Makes slideshows. I've even used custom rotation on pics taken at an odd angle. An exellent bloom mug shot may be taken from 4 megabytes down to 110 kilobytes. I aim for that 100 mark.

• carolynmo
    Original Author
    14 years ago

THANKS so much, I have managed to download the first in Gallery photos, will add the other 4 later

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

Gorgeous picture. Now I see it's a 2010 intro.

Looking forward to seeing the others.

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

Found a Piney Woods in Texas. Doesn't have beardeds.

Do you have a website?

• carolynmo
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No we are just a small hobby garden in SE Mo. We have over 1000 different varieties but usually just one plant of each so we don't have supply to meet demand. I usually sell around 100 on ebay each year just to help pay for new iris and garden supplies.
    As of now I don't have a clue how to do a website.
    I have managed to get all 5 of our new introductions in the gallery photos and again thanks to everyone for the help getting started!

• brideyvt
    14 years ago

How do I find the pictures in the gallery (I'm new to this)?

• carolynmo
    Original Author
    14 years ago

At the top of the messages you will see exchanges and gallery, click on gallery--hope this helps.