Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pretty photos of Thornbird on AIS today

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 15, 13 at 0:17

Hi all,
There are some pretty photos of Thornbird with companion planting ideas on the AIS blog today.

Here is a link that might be useful: American Iris Society World of Irises

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pretty photos of Thornbird on AIS today

Thank you for posting this. I planted Thornbird in 2011 and did not get a bloom in 2012.Eexcited to see it bloom this year.Beautiful pictures. Was the beautiful deep purple iris in the first section "MasterTouch:? If so, I really need that one.

o

I need to plant my Thornbird beside some purples. I'm never that impressed with the color of Thornbird, but I like the form of it & it grows & blooms so very well.

o

You did great with 'Thornbird'.

I only had one old iris called 'Lillian Lee' (I think) that was complimentary with it, and bloomed at the same time. Sort of a weird pink shade with some strange influence of lavender?

Love 'Thornbird'. A worthy iris even if the color is difficult to place.

o

Yes, it is 'Master Touch.' I really like Thornbird with the purples, but it doesn't do much for me if it's near any other color. It's one of those irises for sure. It works beautifully in flower arrangements, though, since you can see those odd beards up close, and it looks good in metallic containers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here