Can anyone ID this iris?

Posted by lyonsy 10 CA (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 3, 12 at 0:22

Thanks!

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can anyone ID this iris?

OMG! That is Beautiful. I will see if I can help you ID it. Would love to add that one the my collection.

Here is a link that might be useful: Iris Gallery

o

Thanks. Some lovely varieties there.

o

Compare photos to Border Bearded 'Orinoco Flow'.

Good luck.

o

Yes...that looks like a match! Thanks

o

I would say no to 'Orinoco Flow'. Here's what I could find:

(I'm seeing white falls without veining and very little lav. tint around the edges. What color are the style arms?)

'Fancy Stitches' in Carolann's photo at Dave's has lav. edges; in rootsnrhizomes' not so much & the beard looks like a better match. Which are true? Maybe this iris varies in its markings?

If it's a rebloomer 'Lady Essex' (Zurbrigg'78) is a possibility. The style arms inside are lavender. From the angle of the photos I can't see if the beard is as yellow as yours halfway up.

I've only seen one picture of 'I'm With You' on iris photos by irislady (Margie) in 2003 but it's a good look-alike. she may have posted it at Dave's.

Check out daylily970's picture of 'Lilac Stitchery' (Jensen'89) on Dave's Gard__. Rebloomer.

'Tea Apron' has same markings --- style arms look more purple than lavender.

That's all I can come up with. Good luck. PS: always a good idea to put some distinctive feature in the title of your post so someone can locate it later --- like "ID for subtle White & Lav plicata".

o

Sorry for taking so long getting back to you. Tea apron is close but much to large a flower. I also came up with Lilac Stitchery, Need height and bud count to confirm.

o

Thanks. Tea Apron seems closest but not exactly colour wise.

o

can you give any history ....

e.g. if it was in grandmas garden for 40 years ... that would limit the names down significantly ...

ken

o

Ken

It was from a large collection of iris that a friend had for many years and nothing was labelled!

John

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here