Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Iris ID

Posted by chary_68 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 26, 10 at 1:33

I think this one might be Wabash?
Wabash?

The next ones I have NO clue.

This one is VERY fragrant. Kind of smells grapey. LOVELY!
100_1897

100_1898

100_1881

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Iris ID

In looking at the color of the beards I 'think' your first one 'might' be Bright Hour.

Per the article linked below:
The one point of absolute discrimination between these iris is the base color. 'Wabash' is tinged with faint purple at the base of the fans, most visable in the spring, 'Bright Hour' has no purple whatsoever.

hmmm...I am supposed to have Wabash, but am now going to check and see if it has a faint purple tint at the base of the fans.

I'm clueless on the others...sorry.

chemocurl...aka Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Bright Hour and Wabash

o

The irises in the first photo have a purplish cast to the fans at the bottoms. Here are a couple more that need ID'ing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Wow, what beautiful clumps of iris! I love your Wabash/Bright Hour iris the best. What stunning colors.
Sorry I can't help you with the IDs, but I sure do like looking at your garden.

Renee

o

I'd really love to ID these. Especially the red, gold/pink and purple/white one. These are from the church my husband and I were married in. The church was torn down years ago. I went in and grabbed these right before the place was torn down.

o

the burgundy one could be Chief Waukesha. as for the others, check out the HIPS website and look through the gallery. they have pictures of some very popular historic irises. you might be able to find your plant there if you think it may be more than 30years old.

Here is a link that might be useful: historic iris preservation society

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here